His research interests focus on the legal history of the early Modern Age and the Modern Era. One particular research interest is the legal history of Hispanic America and the history of science in the 20th Century.
- Spanish late scholasticism and canon law of the early modern period
- European expansion and colonial law
- Taught law in the late middle ages and early modern period (especially questions regarding the law on limitation periods)
- Legal and constitutional history of the early modern period
- Early Modern Political, Theological and Juridical Thinking in Europe and Ibero-America.
- Chronicles of Indies (16th Century).
- History of French and Swiss Reformation.
- Contemporary Political Philosophy, European Law.
- Historical linguistics and dialectology
- Natural language and image processing
- Research data lifecycle: modelling, extraction, mark-up, test, and delivery
- Digital editions of ancient and early modern works and manuscripts
Scientific Advisory Board
Juan Belda Plans (Theology, Valencia)
Ana Carabias (History, Salamanca)
Francisco Cuena Boy (Legal History, Santander)
Nils Jansen (Legal History, Münster)
Matthias Kaufmann (Philosophy, Halle)
María Martín Gómez (Philosophy, Salamanca)
Michael Sievernich (Theology, Frankfurt/Mainz)
John Witte Jr. (Legal History, Emory/Atlanta)
Maria Idoya Zorroza (Philosophy, Salamanca)
Former Team Members
Dipl.-Bibl. Ingo Caesar, M.A. (2013 - 2015)
Carolina Cárdenas, B.A. (2013 - 2019)
Dr. Matthias Kirchen (2016 - 2017)
Barbara Kirchner (2016 - 2018)
Dr. Anselm Spindler (2013 - 2015)
Martin Thoenes, M.A. (2017 - 2019)
David Glück, M.A. (2017 - 2020)